OneLeaf Cannabis Corp. (“OneLeaf”) is a craft-inspired Health Canada Licensed Producer founded to provide customers with an alternative to large-scale, low to mid-grade, commercial cannabis. Our focus is on creating only superior quality, ultra-clean, cannabis products, grown using organic principles, that provide consumers with the cleanest and most consistent quality possible.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer, the Manager of Cannabis Operations will primarily be responsible for the day to day production and management of labor for optimal cannabis production at the OneLeaf Onyx facility located in Regina, SK. The Manager of Cannabis Operations will play a crucial role in the quality and compliant, cultivation and production schedules of cannabis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage OneLeaf’s Cultivation Department and lead in developing and maintaining operational plant programs to ensure the highest of quality and compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations, working cross-departmentally with OneLeaf’s QA;
- Monitor and assume responsibility for overall plant health and crop yield to ensure maximum yields, cost efficiency, and quality standards through plant strain analysis and other analytical observations;
- Oversee all tasks related to growing process, including seeding, cloning, transplanting, nutrient management, pest management, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar, waste disposal, etc.;
- Develop and maintain nutrient regime; perform water, nutrient and soil tests to determine nutrient selection;
- Develop and maintain protocols for lighting, temperature and humidity manipulation and irrigation controls;
- Perform preventative maintenance on test instruments and growing equipment to mitigate development of plant diseases, insects and fungi;
- Maintain mother plants for research, tissue culture and future production; monitor clone production according to harvest schedules;
- Coordinate all production schedules to ensure staffing coverage and efficiency of plant operations;
- Develop and implement training programs around plant operations and record keeping compliance and continuously assess training gaps;
- Keep accurate records and ensure documentation is readily accessible and highly organized;
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations; and
- Other duties as required.
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations:
- Ensure that plant operations of the licensed site comply with the requirements of the Cannabis Regulations;
- Oversee cultivation, propagation and harvesting of cannabis; and
- Submit, secure and maintain a valid security clearance;
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in a related field preferred (Biology, Horticulture, etc.);
- 5+ years’ management experience in a similar production environment;
- Expert knowledge in plant disease and pest mitigation without use of chemicals;
- Proficient understanding of Cannabis Regulations compliance and application in relation to plant operations;
- Advanced knowledge of cannabis plant and genetics strongly preferred;
- Extensive experience in propagation
- Experience with automated environmental control software, programming, determining set points and monitoring practices
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, GMP and GLP will be required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized and methodical;
- Strong management, leadership and coaching skills;
- Strong work ethic; and
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities without compromising compliance and quality.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications