OneLeaf Cannabis Corp. (“OneLeaf”) is a craft-inspired Health Canada Licensed Producer founded to provide customers with an alternative to large-scale, low to mid-grade, commercial cannabis. Our focus is on creating only superior quality, ultra-clean, cannabis products, grown using organic principles, that provide consumers with the cleanest and most consistent quality possible.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Security and IT Specialist will primarily be responsible for the day to day security and IT requirements at the OneLeaf Onyx facility located in Regina, SK. The Security and IT Specialist will play a crucial role in overseeing all security operations across the organization in accordance with the Cannabis Act, as well as be responsible for the management, strategy and execution of all IT infrastructure for the licensed facility.
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the licensed site’s Security Department and lead in developing, reviewing, and maintaining Security Programs and projects to ensure security compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure security compliance is strictly adhered to (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Quality Assurance);
- Operate video surveillance systems, monitoring all access control and intrusion detection systems; monitor and report violations of overall safety and security procedures through the licensed site;
- Assist in developing and implementing training programs around SOPs pertaining to security and security record keeping compliance and assess training gaps continuously;
- Support security programs to oversee and record response to any security incidents and breaches;
- Support systems/programs of control that ensure loss prevent and detection;
- Assist in coordinating with 3rd party security providers/contractors for security installations and monitoring systems for the licensed site;
- Collaborate with QA Department to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine security compliance according to Cannabis Regulations;
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder;
- Develop and oversee all metrics for hardware, software, and storage;
- Assist in selection, implementation, and support of IT systems and Network infrastructure;
- Liaise between all departments as necessary to understand requirements and how best to meet them;
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware;
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions;
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services; and
- Other duties and activities as required.
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations (upon receipt of appropriate security clearance from Health Canada):
- Support the Responsible Person (RP) or designated Alternate in security matters as it pertains to the compliance of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations;
- Ensure that the physical security measures of the licensed site comply with the security requirements of the Cannabis Regulations;
- Develop and maintain the license holder’s organizational security plan specified in the Cannabis Regulations;
- Submit, secure and maintain a valid security clearance;
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’ Degree in a related field (i.e. Security Management or Information Technology) obtained or recognized by a Canadian University or institution;
- 5+ years’ management experience in a Security or IT Department within a similar production environment;
- Professional security designation considered an asset (i.e. ASIS CPP, ASIS PSP);
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, cybersecurity, architecture, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems;
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats;
- Ability to foresee possible issues and troubleshoot them proactively;
- Certification of Qualification from ITA for security alarm installation considered an asset;
- Strong understanding of security plans and their applications;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite, AutoCAD and additional technical proficiency;
- Experience of working in a start-up environment is strongly preferred; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge and experience related to the responsibilities of the position;
- Cybersecurity experience strongly desirable; and
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing proactive security compliance programs and systems.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Dynamic and innovative environment
Job Type: Full-time